It is part of the municipality Pájara. Not far from Ajuy is where the Norman Jean de Béthencourt landed in 1402 in order to conquer the island for the Spanish crown. Puerto de la Peña is a small settlement of Ajuy that used to serve as a port of the old island capital of Betancuria. The port was later raided by pirates. Caleta Negra(Spanish for “Black Bay”) lies 2 km from Ajuy. Near this bay there is an old lime kiln. The limestone from Ajuy was considered particularly pure and was shipped from this place up to the second half of the 19th century.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Indem Sie weiter auf dieser Website navigieren, ohne die Cookie-Einstellungen Ihres Internet Browsers zu ändern, stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies zu. mehr Information