Timios Stavros Monastery is situated to the north of the Chora plain, in central Samos.
The monastery was built 1592 and rebuilt in present form in 1838, on the spot where the sacred spring was situated. Spring water still runs, giving a fresh and cold water in the hottest summer day. The monastery church has a large finely worked iconostasis carved in walnut, interesting and worth a visit. There is a small shop on the grounds selling handmade products made by monks.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Indem Sie weiter auf dieser Website navigieren, ohne die Cookie-Einstellungen Ihres Internet Browsers zu ändern, stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies zu. mehr Information