Orth an der Donau is a town in the district of Gänserndorf in the Austrian state of Lower Austria.
It is located on the bank of the Danube River, about 15 miles east of Vienna and 17 miles west of Bratislava.
In 1170, Hartneid von Orthe purchased the village and estate surrounding it, founded a church, and erected a castle.
It remained in the family for several successive generations, when the proprietor, about the close of the 17th century, sold out and moved to Moravia.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Indem Sie weiter auf dieser Website navigieren, ohne die Cookie-Einstellungen Ihres Internet Browsers zu ändern, stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies zu. mehr Information