Loosdorf is a little town in the district of Melk in the Austrian state of Lower Austria.
One of its historical buildings is the Hohe Schule (translation: the high school) founded in 1574 or a few years earlier by the Austrian nobleman Hans Wilhelm von Losenstein (translated: “John William of Losenstein”), the lord of the nearby castle Schallaburg. It served as a Lutheran grammar school (gymnasium) from about 1574 until 1627.
Another historical building is the Ledóchowska house, where a.o. blessed Maria Teresia Ledóchowska and Julia, the later Roman Catholic saint Ursula Ledóchowska, were born and where they lived until 1874.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Indem Sie weiter auf dieser Website navigieren, ohne die Cookie-Einstellungen Ihres Internet Browsers zu ändern, stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies zu. mehr Information