It is situated by the rivers Leitha and Warme Fischa. The market town has a kindergarten school, an elementary school and a high school. It also has a music school. The place was first mentioned in 1174. Also in the 12th century, a water castle was built, that was destroyed at the end of the 15th century. In 1747, under the regency of Maria Theresia, the needle factory Nadelburg was established. The factory was expanded with a cotton mill in the early 19th century. A workers’ settlement grew around the factories. The Nadelburg was closed in 1930. It is now a museum. Lichtenwörth became a market town in 1992.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Indem Sie weiter auf dieser Website navigieren, ohne die Cookie-Einstellungen Ihres Internet Browsers zu ändern, stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies zu. mehr Information