The district encompasses the southern part of the island of Phuket. The western and southern coast consists of several heavily touristed beaches, from the northwest counter-clockwise: Karon, Kata, Kata Noi, Nai Han, Rawai, and Friendship Beach along Chalong Bay. The beaches are separated from each other by rocky capes, most notably Phromthep Cape at the southernmost tip of the island. Originally named Thung Kha (ทุ่งคา), it was renamed Mueang Phuket on 14 November 1938. The most important of the 29 Buddhist temples of Phuket is Wat Chalong (วัดฉลอง or, more formally, วัดไชยธาราราม). It is dedicated to two venerated monks, Luang Pho Chaem (หลวงพ่อแช่ม) and Luang Pho Chuang (หลวงพ่อช่วง), who, with their knowledge of herbal medicine, helped those injured in a tin miners rebellion in 1876.
Diese Website verwendet Cookies. Indem Sie weiter auf dieser Website navigieren, ohne die Cookie-Einstellungen Ihres Internet Browsers zu ändern, stimmen Sie unserer Verwendung von Cookies zu. mehr Information