Nationalpark Ang Thong
The park was established on 12 November 1980. The northern tip of Ko Phaluai is also part of the marine park. There are Ranger Stations, Bungalows, Shop and a Restaurant at Ao Phi beach on Ko Wua Talap. The name “Ang Thong” (Thai: อ่างทอง) means “bowl of gold”. “Mu Ko” (หมู่เกาะ) simply means “group of islands”. Since 2002 the park has been registered as Ramsar site number 1184.